GTAV A NewGTAgame!

GTA Side Missions -Fork Lift Trucks

This is a series post for the 'GTA Side Missions' series.


NOTES:- When I talk about 'side missions', this is only to give you an idea of my references to the original GTA games like San Andraeus and GTA4. In my perfect GTA style game, I'd make these type of side missions integral to the game. You will get the idea as you read or listen along.






This post is about the idea for Fork Lift Trucks to be actually fully working and useableas per mission for CJ (Carl Johnson) in GTA San-Andraeus.







FORK LIFT TRUCKS.  http://gta.wikia.com/Forklift
Now, I know that Fork Lift Trucks were never a side mission, but they were in a mission in GTA SA, (remember the raid CJ did on the army base when he stole explosives) and it is annoying that, although you can drive them, you cannot use the fork action to lift crates, cars, pallets etc. What a crying shame, it would be great fun!







What I'd like to see, is an initial training mission, just to load a truck, no time limits, don't have us rushing about and getting all flustered like we were in the original army raid mission.


Then have more training missions to load different types of trucks, and show us how and what type of goods to load on to which type of transport. (Waz me Gramma OK ven)?  


When all of those are complete, you can take a job on the docks, loading and unloading trucks and containers; and loading and unloading lock-ups and warehouses. 
(No not whorehouses, that's later)! 


OK - I know you are thinking, this ain't no GTA! An 'ordinary-job' and a slow-moving vehicle, that's not true to the GTA mentality of if it walks run it over. (Well, in my idea of the game, you can still do that too if you really want)! 


SInce this is the first proper post in the series for the 'GTA Side Missions' series, I want to use this as an example, so that you can see where I am going with these ideas!


The idea is that, (what used to be side missions), these missions are integrated INTO THE GAME STORY in an important and valued way. (I realize it may take a little imagination and a lot of faith, but but please listen and - or read on.


What I propose is that, you the player, (the protagonist), call him Niko if you like, has to earn a crust to pay for his way, pay for his daughters hospital bills and save to give her that life saving operation. (Did you read one of the earlier posts New GTA Game - New Story Read it after this)!


Also, Niko has to get earning money faster than with a regular JOB (Just Over Broke) ,  standard of living. In this game (YOU), the protagonist, is trying to go straight, in order to win his family back. 


GAME OBJECTIVES.
The struggle in this game, is about keeping out of trouble! Anyone can fire a shotgun into the face of an innocent bystander, or mow-down a crowded walkway with a heavy vehicle. And as much fun as that may be, our best scenario finish, is to not injure innocents if possible and to keep a low profile with the police, whilst still engaging heavily in a life of crime.


A Life of Crime.
You need to make money hand over fist, (and with your fists when the occasion requires it). The idea behind the fork trucks, is first, if you choose to do that type of work to start out; you will be paid a daily wage and get on the job training, which will be invaluable to you as you go on to build your business empire.


My idea, is that when you are in training, you first drive around a course under instruction by voice commands from your instructor, including lifting, moving and lowering and placing a few pallet loads. Then in the next training missions, you grab a fork lift truck and follow and copy what your trainer does. Time is expensive and there are containers, ships and trucks to be loaded and unloaded. For this reason, your training will be on-the-job!


You will get your basic pay for the day, whenever you finish loading or unloading, but you will also earn a bonus if you can load or unload the vehicle or container within a time limit! I don't want this time limit to be in ever decreasing shorter time periods, just normal average fast no-mistakes in driving, lifting, lowering & placing time, then that should remain the bonus for fast work! (Like in a real job)!  


One mistake and you'll loose your bonus, drop something, crash it, break it, and you loose your bonus! Simple and easy. However, I haven't missed the obvious, I understand that in order to have a working Fork Lift Truck, it has to have something to lift! And that brings me to my next point of annoyance. 


Not only do the Fork Lift Trucks -'FORKS not work', but there are hundreds of pieces of kit that can be picked up, like bottles and bricks, or boxes that can be kicked or pushed around. So, why in the hell didn't RockStar make these items loadable onto vehicles. 


I know there must be something I'm missing, I'm not into modding myself, but I want to learn it later, maybe. (See how enthusiastic I am). Anyway, let me know if I am asking too much here! But, why can we not load up a truck or a van, and then drive it else where ourselves.


I know this can be done, because of the previous raid on the army building mentioned earlier. I've had one person point out that the trouble is in recording the stock type and quantity, but this cannot be such a big issue if you consider the following:


What about 20 years ago, when I was playing Sid Meier's Railroad Tycoon, with all the different consist and different quantities in different container rail cars, various prices in different locations and sometimes complex conversions involving businesses set up by you to maximize the route and conversion. 


So, I reiterate, (sounding like a lawyer), why can I not have hundreds of trucks, driven by hundreds of separate employees, gang members transporting legal goods and sometimes hiding illegal goods within the load like drugs and guns, and illegal aliens etc. And for the game to know and remember what I've got in each truck?  


Can you see where I'm going with this!









Can you write this script or mod? Let me know? newGTAgame@gmail.com  
If you can, please email me at  - newGTAgame@gmail.com  - with  "I can mod the Fork Lift Trucks"!  (in the subject line).







GTA Side Missions -Fork Lift Trucks (as per mission for CJ in GTA SA).






Niko Bellic.


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments clean and respectable! I will reserve the right to edit out none relevant content or not to allow your comment if it is not suitable.

Thanks! Niko.

Labels