GTAV A NewGTAgame!

Driver San Francisco Review


Driver: San Francisco.



Well, its been a long time coming, but its finally here, released on 2nd September 2011.
Here I have brought you all the best reviews that show Driver: San Francisco in its best light. I think it is a great game overall, but being a GTA nutter, I have my issues with it. Don't let that put you off buying it!
  • POST - NOTES - Please don't bother with the Listen Now button above for this post, it won't lend its self to the reading tool because of all the review videos in this post.

I will be buying Driver: San Francisco on Friday, my pre-order is already in, (since ages ago in fact), I just had to get it if not only for comparison to GTA4 and the future GTA5.   


Hollywood Handling?
Non realistic feel to the cars I expect, and no carnage fun splatting those pesky pedestrians all over their pavements, (this certainly is not GTA me thinks). Multiplayer is going to annoy me incredibly if the only screen split option is vertical.  



Driver: San Francisco Review. 

(PC, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii).









More videos below - Click READ MORE below.



Why do they do this, anyone can see that it is a waste of screen-space, why would I want to see loads of sky above and bare tarmac behind me? Whereas, I do want to have a wide as possible view of the street!


Driver San Francisco Split Screen via NewGTAgame.co.uk and GameSpot
I do want to have a wide-as-possible view of the street!



Driver San Francisco hands-on part 1 (of 3).






In the next video, getting your heart-rate-up, is very reminiscent of Scar-Face where you drive head-long into oncoming traffic, (without crashing of course), to get your balls meter up! So, not original in thought but still great fun, I think I am going to love that part! (See Vid Part 2 below).



Driver San Francisco hands-on part 2.




I say Potato, you say Pot Auto! 
The Managing director of Reflections, Gareth Edmondson says 'innovation' of being able to shift from car to car, (Vid Part 2 above). I say 'what a nutty idea'? 


This looks to be a great game-world, vast and full of life. So, why wouldn't I want to get out of my car and do a bit on-foot?  I'd love to have the ability to have a more GTA feel to this game world. It would be great if the super-powers of open-world gaming like RockStar and Reflections would get together and build a fantastic game. 


RockStar always used to take the piss out of Reflections Tanner man, because he looked like a real spanner. He could never walk or run right. This is Reflections nemesis, they could never do the onfoot thing, so they have just copped-out with this 'shift shite'!



Driver San Francisco hands-on part 3 (Multiplayer).






I always enjoyed playing tag with my friends as a kid and latterly with the cars in the original Driver, where we had 'Capture the Flag'  and other games. The only thing is, from a GTA point of view, (I realize it is not GTA)! But, the side missions do not seem to fit into the game-play! They are like totally separate games.


Driver San Francisco via NewGTAgame.co.uk




In my perfect version of a GTA style of game, all the side missions would help in the game-play, (not just by building up your skill and ability to drive), but also earn you game-world money that you need to spend on upgrades to your weapons and cars.  


Driver San Francisco via NewGTAgame.co.uk




The money earned would allow you to buy more locations to operate from and to be closer to, or have a wider spread of facilities available to you. This would ease your troubles and game-time, like not having to travel all the way across town to visit the spray shop.
Driver San Francisco via NewGTAgame.co.uk


Instead; you could get your right-hand man to collect your car with a car transporter, (when you can afford one), and steal, beg, borrow or buy another car nearby!  Read some of my other posts on this blog. There is a list of post stories down the sidebar somewhere!



xBox, PS3, Wii or PC?
My own console of choice is the xBox-360, although I do a bit of gaming on the PC and noticed that Driver: San Francisco was only £24.91 with free delivery in the UK for the PC and Wii price was just £29.99, as opposed to £37.89 for both the xBox and PS3 versions.


Driver San Francisco Via NewGTAgame.co.uk Blog and Amazon
Physics. (Fiz Sicks).
The cars bodywork seems to have as good damage reality as does GTA4, however I did notice a red damage bar that gives away how much life an opponent has left. This is sick, it allows you to  just keep on at your opponent that little bit more, if you can definitely see that they are going to be destroyed! Where's the fun or skill in that?

Surely it is more intense and exciting if you are unaware of the opponents longevity? This would give you more of an edge of your seat, nail-biting joy-ride.


Driver San Francisco | trailer E3 Ubisoft.






Driver: San Francisco is about the continuing story of Tanner, the undercover detective working to bust crime rings and organised crime, headed up by his nemesis Jericho.
Driver San Francisco Via NewGTAgame.co.uk Blog and Amazon
Reflections have said already, there is no on-foot action. What a crying shame!


My thoughts are initially, that I will not like it, due to the fact that the story takes place in Tanners head, whilst he is in a coma!  I hoped there would be on foot aspects to the game, we needed some out of the car action, but as Reflections have said already, there is no on-foot action. What a crying shame!






In the next video, we see the RED WALL as VVV Automotive puts it.  I hate this! Why build a massive open game world and then restrict you to a small box?  Also, I would find the sirens annoying all the time, I hope they can be turned off, other wise I'd have to have the sound turned off, which would totally spoil the game. We will see!





The game-world map is supposed to be one of the biggest we have seen to date, but a lot of use that is going to be, (like in LA Noire), if there is nothing to do on foot, on the streets!







The game Driver:  San Francisco takes place a few months after the events of Driv3r, Driver 3 as it was known.


Make the most of your game with the Driver: San Francisco Game Guide. Find all the game secrets and the best ways to complete missions. (Available Soon)!








This may be of interest to those involved in coding and games writing etc.







Try every game for free with Amazon.






Have a great day! 
Niko. 

-------------------------- 

TAGS: Driver San Francisco, Prima Official Game Guide, Driver: San Francisco Beta,

Article © AndyGold 2011, all other material used like but not limited to images and video, is copyright to either its creator or originator or is used under a creative commons / public domain license. 

Share/Bookmark




If the LISTEN NOW LINK is not working or unavailable, then
CLICK THIS LINK to open the recordings page and
SELECT THE POST you want to listen to, from the list.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments clean and respectable! I will reserve the right to edit out none relevant content or not to allow your comment if it is not suitable.

Thanks! Niko.

Labels