GTAV A NewGTAgame!

I Loved L A Noire

So, L.A. Noire, what did I make of it? Well, ummm, errr, there's, errm, like so much and so little to say, so, maybe, I'll start with a video from GamerSheep.




I had commented on GamerSheeps YouTube Channel.
I loved L.A.Noire and it takes my back visually to Mafia2, The Godfather et al. The only issue for me was the massive map with nothing else much to do with in it! Being a GTA fan, I missed not doing side missions and interacting with the peds, (like running them over). Whilst the facial recognition was brilliant, the feel and handling of the cars was unrealistic, and I didn't like the car being taken off me, when parking up at a crime scene. NewGTAgame (.co.uk), to see I love GamerSheep!


L.A. Noire Review









The cases or missions are well thought out, The voice acting is good and the facial recognition is good. However, I found it hard to read the faces! It is not as simple as 'when someone does not look you in the eye whilst talking to you', that means they are lying etc.




I did my best to interpret the expressions, but, do you know what? I think that the production team deliberately put false and misleading expressions to some of the questions. Maybe this was a ruse to give the impression of someone successfully lying to you. I don't know. But, I know that I was not the only one misinterpreting the facial expressions, after taking with friends who also played the game.

You are never completely stopped, because if you get it all wrong, you are just thrown back into the missions. How this relates to 'GTA My Way', is, that for one, I know that I do not want RockStarGames to waste disk space or game designing time and money if they ever think of trying to do facial recognition in GTA 5 or 6.

Valet Parking? I Don't Think So!
Did you notice how you could not interact physically with the peds as much as you can in GTA4 and other GTA games. (OK, I know, its not GTA). The other thing I hated, was how, as you are pulling up to arrive at a case or other destination. The game takes the car control off of you. You are not allowed to park up where you want or mess about in any way. Its just, now you are close enough, we are going to take the car off you and play you this cut-scene.

A Massive Sprawling Map?
Another thing is the size of the city! I was enthusiastic when I heard about the size of the L.A. Noire game map. Being a RockStarGames game, it immediately had me fooled, thinking about GTA and imagining the 1930's and 40's GTA game setting. (That's where I'd like to see another GTA game set, in time).

The map is a massive let down. There's nothing to do except the missions. or look for special cars dotted about the map, (which are not that good nor realistic). Or you can opt for sight-seeing, which just locks you camera to a point of interest for a few seconds. WTF and What a waste of time.

The L.A. Noire map is a massive let down!

What? Sight-seeing and cars you steal? (You are a policeman)! It smacks of an after thought! And is about as useless and unrealistic to the era and game genre as collecting horse shoes and oysters in GTA San Andreas, or shooting pigeons was in GTA4, WTF?

Now, where San Andreas had it right was in 'tagging-up-the-turf'! Can you imagine a big Fiddy-Cent gangster type of character like CJ or Niko, being bothered about shooting pigeons? Nope!

So what can you do in L.A. Noire? Nothing! That's it, you can walk about, but you cannot go into any shops. As GamerSheep said, you cannot even arrest whoever you want, 'True Crime' style. (If you haven't played that game yet, you are missing out. (Although, it again does have its limitations and lacks considerably in comparison to any GTA game).

What else can't you do? Wash you car; Heal you injuries at a hospital; Buy food and guns; Buy clothing,  (and yes, before you start on me I know you can change clothes, but, it is not enough).

To Sum Up!
All in all, L.A. Noire is a great atmospheric game, but you only get cases to solve. It is certainly not 'immersive' like the GTA experience or RDR. Grand-Theft-Horse-O as I like to call it. You can get lost in those games, really forget time and become the character.

Led Around By Your Nose!
In L.A. Noire, the first thing that spoils that 'immersive-gameplay', is being led around by your nose. Unlike in GTA and RDR, you can go anywhere and do what you like, when you like. In L.A. Noire you 'HAVE' to go here to do this, and then you 'HAVE' to go there to do that. You have no-option! Led around by the nose. You cannot even have more than one different case going at a time can you?

L.A. Noire No-Way, No-Thanks!
I don't want another L.A. Noire, I don't think I'd buy L.A. Noire-2, except for the fact of reviewing it for my blog readers and my own interest. (Wanting to know about all the different types of GTA style free-roaming-games). This is not free-roaming, when there is nothing to do, when you go somewhere! It seems to me, that the developers realized their boob and threw in the special cars and locations for sight-seeing at the last minute. Beyond that, there is nothing else to do in the map! 




Have a great day!
Niko.

TAGS: I Loved L A Noire, LA Noire Review, New GTA game, New GTA Game Ideas, New Game of GTA, new gta game 2012, Play GTA games,


If the LISTEN NOW LINK is not working or unavailable, then
CLICK THIS LINK to open the recordings page and
SELECT THE POST you want to listen to, from the list.

Go back to the top of the home page for this blog.
http://www.NewGTAgame.co.uk/


Article © AndyGold 2012, all other material used like but not limited to images and video, is copyright to either its creator or originator or is used under a creative commons / public domain license.


Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Check

Labels